Salmon is one of the favorite seafood ingredients that contain a lot of omega 3. Omega 3 is very important to maintain good health. Omega 3 only can be found in fish like salmon or tuna. Salmon is quite rare to find, and the price is quite high. But you can cook something delicious with salmon. You can grill, roast, fry or boil tuna and season it with the seasoning that you have. One of the healthy salmon recipes that you can serve is the poached salmon recipe.
The poached salmon recipe is easy to cook, and you do not need to fry it if you prevent some cooked food. You can create different types of a poached salmon menu that you like. You can easily find a different menu for poached salmon, but this menu is worth to try because it is delicious and healthy. Some combination for this menu will satisfy your hunger as well as make you feel healthy. If you have some health problems related to diet, this food is one of the foods that you are always allowed to eat.
- 28-ounces of skinless wild salmon fillets, halved crosswise cut
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 20 leaves of fresh tarragon, torn it
- 2 avocados then halved, rutted
- 1 quart of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of sugar snap peas, stringed trimmed
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- ½ tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 cups of arugula
- 1 tbsp of shallot, minced
- 20 grapes or cherry tomatoes, cut it halved
- 2 tbsp of fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 4 wedges of lime
- First, season the fish flesh with pepper and salt. Place in 8 x 8 x 2" or larger size of glass or metal baking plate. Sprinkle half of the tarragon over the fish. Leave it at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- In small pot bring broth to be boiled. Pour salmon to immerse. Let it stand until it is cooked to medium rare, for about 10 until 15 minutes. Transfer to plate using spatula and let it chill.
- In boiling salted water pot, cook sugar snap peas until crisp and tender, at least for 2 minutes. With a fitted spoon, move the peas to bowl of cold water. Let it cool then drain it. Cut larger size of snap pea in half on diagonal cutting.
- After that, scoop flesh avocado into food processor. Then, add 1 tablespoon of yogurt, lime juice, then cumin, blend it well. Season to taste with pepper, salt, and extra lime juice.
- Spoon around ½ cup of avocado, mash into every plate’s middle. Mix the remaining tarragon, arugula, peas, shallot, and tomatoes in a medium size of bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Next, season with salt, lime juice, and pepper. Toss it and divide among other plates. Garnish it with chives and salmon. Add the top of each fillet with around ¼ teaspoon of oil. Serve with lime wedge to make it look prettier.
This Recipe is good to serve with the green salad that contains your favorite vegetables that you like such as lettuce, cherry tomatoes, kale, corn or anything. When you want to have something delicious with poached salmon, you can try to add it to the sauce such as avocado sauce. If you wish to have different taste, you can change the sauce with lime or any sauce that you like. This recipe is good to serve for dinner menu.