Paleo is one of the healthy ways to cook something. You can cook different ingredients into paleo menu variations. Paleo is a diet based on the types of foods supposed to be eaten by early human beings consisting primarily of meat, fish, fruit, and vegetables, and without dairy or grain products and processed food. That is why the food served in paleo menu is very healthy and good for health. It contains a lot of nutrition needed by your body. One of the ingredients that you can use for paleo diet is salmon. Paleo salmon recipes vary and limitless in choice.
Paleo salmon recipes provide you the different variety of menu that you can choose based on your favorite taste. You can make something delicious for your family with paleo salmon menu. You can combine the ingredients that you like or create any menu that you wish to make. This article will explain one of the menu variations of paleo salmon. The menu is called as salmon paleo cake. This is not like the cake that you imagine having the sweet taste, yet this cake is tasteful.
- 1 lb. of fresh, wild caught salmon
- 4 tablespoon of almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-4 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon zest
- ½ red onion, cut it dice
- ½ red bell pepper, cut it dice
- 1½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of paprika
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cook the salmon; sauté red onion and red bell pepper together.
- Heat oven to 350F and put salmon skin sideways down into the baking sheet. Lightly brushed the salmon with coconut oil. Then, season salmon with salt and pepper. Next, bake the salmon for about 15 minutes or until salmon becomes flaky.
- While salmon still baking, sauté red onion and red bell pepper with coconut oil.
- You can prepare the vegetables to chill in the fridge until ready in used to forming cakes.
- After that, remove the salmon from oven and cover it with aluminum foil for 10 minutes on the countertop.
- Remove the skin and put it in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes or one night if you will cook it for the next day.
For the cakes:
- Get chilled salmon then use your hands to fleck the salmon into small pieces. Then place it in a medium mixing bowl.
- If you notice any bones you can remove while you go along.
- Insert the remaining ingredients except for the coconut oil into bowl.
- Stir to combine the ingredients. Use a 1/4 of measuring cup, scoop the dough into small cakes and place on a pan. Lined it with parchment paper.
- After forming into cakes, place back in fridge for around 30 minutes. You can do this step the day before if you still have time to do.
- Heat 2 teaspoon of coconut oil in a fry pan. The oil should be very hot when you use it.
- Place chilled salmon into hot oil using a spatula. Blister cakes coarsely for 3 until 4 minutes each side. You should remember that the fish is already cooked so it just to add a nice sear to the appearance. Serve it in the plate and cool down the cake for about 3 minutes before serve.
Like Salmon Steak Recipe, For the last word, you can serve this paleo salmon cake with any ingredients that you like, or you can add side dish when you eat this cake. It tastes better while it is still warm. That is why you need to serve it immediately when you finish cooking the paleo salmon cake.